Department of Business Administration and Engineering
Prof. Dr. Lutz Sommer
- W.E.I.Z. Weizer Energie- und Innovationszentrum
- Salzburger Institut f?r Raumordnung und Wohnen
- Regione Autonoma Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Hochschule Liechtenstein - Institute for Entrepreneurship, University of Applied Sciences Liechtenstein
- Hochschule Albstadt-Sigmaringen
The common vision
The Product Group Renewable Energies will develop a detailed guideline for the development of an environment oriented Business Plan. The objective of which is to create regional cooperative marketing initiatives of a group of companies active in the field of renewable energies and renewable resources, respectively. The cooperation will offer both products and services. Thus, the Business Plan will cover two important aspects:
1. Establish a cooperation
2. Develop a regional marketing strategy
Beyond these direct benefits, the Product Group intends to achieve some meta goals:
1. Foster interregional cooperation of regions in Alpine Space
2. Improve communication and cooperation between actors and institutions from politics and business.
The common goals
Based on the SWOT analysis of the partners? regions, the product group defined the following goals which have to be part of the final concept:
- Improve communication and coordination between different projects in order to gain synergy effects. This should also include NGOs.
- Support companies and institutions (by means such as advice, grants, and others)
- Regional branding and quality system is seen rather sceptical. Therefore, great emphasis has to be put on a sophisticated concept
- Lack of awareness for rational energy use could be used as basis for RegioMarket activities and the key element of a communication concept integrated in the brand. This point also includes the necessity of providing interested people with precise and appropriate information.
- New brand has to be clearly different from EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme at the level of the European Commission)
- The regions often have a strong local focus. Probably, a more international orientated (cooperation-) strategy could be a useful means to react to the global competition
- There is a tool-set needed for the measurement of the success of branding activities (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Cooperation should be encouraged. Basically, a common brand is a rudimentary form of cooperation in the field of marketing. This issue could also be part of a communication concept. Interregional and international cooperation also need to be intensified.
- Concept of renewable energies has to be extended to renewable resources, i.e. not only the production of energy should be considered but also other sectors such as building contractors have to be integrated.
- Services (such as advice and education, offered by independent institutions in order to maximize credibility) should be part of the concept
Infomation and News